Various - Country Soul Sisters Vol.2
This product is currently sold out.
Country Soul Sisters is a second guide to the great female country singers who helped define a musical genre as artists such as Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette attained staggering commercial success in the previously male-dominated musical world of country music.
As well as extensive sleeve-notes the accompanying large outsize booklet also includes stunning photography from the Getty picture archive. The album features a stellar line-up of classic female country artists – Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Bobbie Gentry, Kitty Wells, Wanda Jackson and many more.
Female country artists fought hard for equal rights for women in their songs, their careers and their personal lives. Whilst groundbreaking artists such as Kitty Wells and Patsy Cline paved the way for female empowerment in the 1950s, it was in the 1960s that artists such as Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Jeannie C Riley and Tammy Wynette first achieved great commercial success – a moment in time coinciding with the rise of both the women’s liberation and the civil rights movements.
As well as the slipcase CD edition there is also a limited edition heavyweight double gatefold vinyl edition complete with full sleeve-notes and super-loud pressing.
1. Jeannie C Riley – Little Town Square
2. Linda Martell - Color Him Father
3. Dolly Parton -The Bargain store
4. Diana Trask –Don’t Let It Get Away
5. Wanda Jackson-My Baby Walked Right Out On Me
6. Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty -Working Girl
7. Cher – Chastity’s Song
8. Dolly Parton -Jolene
9. Tammy Wynette -Baby, Come Home
10. Vicki Carr - Living on a Prayer, and a Hope and a Hand Me Down
11. Jody Miller - Dont Throw Your Love to the Wind
12. Jeannie C Riley- The Rib
13. Bobbie Gentry- Okolona River Bottom Band
14. Joan Harris - Fact of Life
15. Linda Ronstadt – Baby, You’ve Been On My Mind
16. Jody Miller - Natural Woman
17. Jean Shepard – I’m Alone
18. Barbara Mandrell - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
19. Lynn Anderson - Stay There ‘Til I Get There
20. Kitty Wells - Forever Young
21. Jan Howard - Your Ole Handy Man
22. Patsy Cline - Come On In
23. Barbara Mandrell - I Never Said I Love You
24. Lynn Anderson - If I Can't Be Your Woman