Due out soon on 2LP & 2xCD, to pre-order please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selections from the Sinecure Books publication Enjoy The Experience: psych, funk, folk, jazz, lounge, boogie and straight-up-weirdness from American private press albums. "Featuring the best (and worst) music that was too good for major label backing, Enjoy The Experience is a hilarious and obsessively passionate collection of vanity and insanity from the depths of human creativity. - John Zorn" Enjoy The Experience: Homemade Records 1958-1992 is the inaugural offering from Sinecure Books. Packaged as a hardcover, and weighing in at 512 pages, it is the most comprehensive overview of the American "private press" movement from the latter half of the 20th Century that could possibly be assembled. Now- Again Records is pleased to distribute a 2CD/2LP anthology of psych, funk, folk, jazz, lounge, disco, boogie and just-plain-weirdness culled from the the book's selections. Take note: this is not a novelty freak show. Contained in this anthology are examples of some of the most highly regarded rock, soul, jazz, funk and singer/ songwriter albums from the 60s through the early 80s. From the awkward-yet- talented to the genius-yet-bizarre, one thing unites all musicians presented here: they sincerely hoped to become stars, they committed themselves to record, and they left themselves vulnerable to an industry not understanding of nuance, not appreciative of character. While Enjoy The Experience the book details a forceful American cultural experience that stands in juxtaposition to the mainstream even as its creators attempted to infiltrate it, Enjoy The Experience the album shows the breadth of American creativity in a compelling, start-to-finish listen. Not all of it is easy to digest, but this music is essential to the 20th century American experience.
Track List & Soundclips:
1. The Muzzy Band - "How Was It? (Intro)"
2. The Invaders - "Spacing Out"
3. Carol-Leigh & Hank Midlin - "Inquire Within"
4. Gary Schneider - "Cast Your Fate To The Wind & The Breeze & I"
5. Medico Doktor Vibes - "Diska Limba Man"
1. Michael Farneti - "ESP Switch"
2. 33 1/3 - "Monkey Bridge"
3. Gary Wilson - "6.4 = Make Out"
4. Silk & Silver - "Elton John Medley"
5. Russ Saul - "Just To Say Goodbye"
1. Jade - "Music Slave"
2. Joe E - "Come On Sign"
3. Ray Harlowe & Gyp Fox - "Gettin' Keyed"
4. Arcesia - "White Panther"
5. Boa - "Never Come Back"
1. Stephen David Heitkotter - "Cadillac Woman"
2. Dennis The Fox - "Piledriver"
3. Bob Harrison - "Why Don't You Do Right"
4. Circuit Rider - "Old Time Feeling"
5. Vinny Roman - "Ahh...Music"